Watermelon gets a makeover with toasted pumpkin seeds and sharp, crumbly cheese—an easy way to create a phytonutrient-rich summer salad that looks as good as it tastes!
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- One medium 4-pound seedless watermelon (or one half of a larger watermelon) cut into 1/2-inch chunks or triangles (about 6 heaping cups)
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 ounces ricotta salata cheese (can use feta if ricotta salata is difficult to find)
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Whisk together lemon juice and olive oil and gently toss with watermelon chunks and mint in a large bowl.
- Using sharp knife or vegetable peeler, thinly shave ricotta salata on top of watermelon.
- Top with toasted pumpkin seeds and refrigerate until served.