Celebrate spring by including asparagus and the bright flavors of goat cheese and tarragon in this elegant and satisfying meal.Serves 6
- 10 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium leek, trimmed and thinly sliced (use whites and greens)
- 16 asparagus spears, ends trimmed and chopped into 1.5-inch pieces
- 4-6 ounces chèvre (fresh goat cheese), crumbled
Preheat the broiler to high. Whisk eggs with thyme, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
Heat butter and oil in a large oven-proof pan over medium-high heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Mix in asparagus and continue to cook another 2-3 minutes until asparagus is slightly softened but still bright green.
Pour egg mixture over asparagus, stir once just to ensure even distribution of ingredients, and cook about 2 minutes, until almost set. Sprinkle with crumbled chèvre and broil frittata in the pan until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes (check and rotate if one side is cooking faster). Remove from oven and serve from pan or slide frittata onto a plate.