Bright, tart summer fruit and creamy coconut – it’s hard not to love this dessert.Serves 6
- 14-ounce can of full fat coconut milk, chilled overnight in refrigerator
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Scrapings from 1/2 vanilla bean or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 firm nectarines, sliced
- Remove coconut milk from refrigerator without shaking. Open and carefully spoon out top layer of white, thick cream. Set aside leftover translucent coconut liquid.
- Using a hand blender or whisk, beat the cream until peaks form, incorporating as much air as possible as you go. Blend in sugar and chill in refrigerator until served.
- Pour 1/4 cup of reserved coconut liquid* (do not mind any excess coconut cream pieces) into a large sauté pan and heat on medium-high. Once hot, add nectarine slices and cook until soft, stirring to cook all sides. Remove from heat.
- Once slightly cooled, place warm nectarine slices into bowls and top with coconut cream.
*Any leftover coconut liquid can be used to cook more fruit or in another dish such as curry or coconut rice.